Frequently Asked Questions
What is coworking?
Within 5 years, 40% of the American workforce will be independent freelancers, consultants, and entrepreneurs. And even those who are part of teams increasingly have the freedom to choose where, when, and how they work. The coworking movement - with its dedication to the values of collaboration, openness, community, accessibility, and sustainability - evolved out of the needs of this rapidly growing group of people.
- 89% of respondents said they are happier because they cowork
- 84% said they are more engaged and motivated
- 83% said they are less lonely
- 82% had expanded their professional networks by coworking
- 80% had turned to fellow community members for help & guidance
- 78% said coworking helps them maintain their sanity
- 69% had learned new skills
- 69% felt more successful
- 64% said their coworking network is an important source of work
WhO IS THE TYPICAL CoWork Jax MEMBER?
All 160+ of us have chosen to work alongside and connect with each other - in and out of our Downtown Jacksonville office - to improve ourselves, our businesses, our city, and our world. Beyond that, we represent all ages, backgrounds, and industries.
CAN I CHECK OUT YOUR SPACE?
Absolutely - we give tours each Wednesday at 9AM. Afterwards, we encourage you to stick around and enjoy your first day of coworking - on us! That gives you a chance to meet more of our members and experience how we work around here.
If you're unable to make a Wednesday morning tour, please reach out to schedule another time. Our team availability can be limited and we want to make sure we set aside time to give you the best tour possible.
If you're not familiar with our location or nearby parking, there is more info here.
do you offer day passes?
Yes, we do - they are $25/day/person. Our team and desk availability can be limited, so make sure you pre-purchase your Day Pass here.
CAN I BOOK ONE OF YOUR MEETING ROOMS?
Because we're close to capacity, use of our meeting rooms is limited to CoWork Jax members. It's just one of the many perks of membership.
HOW DO I BECOME A COWORK JAX MEMBER?
- If you haven't stopped by for a tour and free day of coworking - held each Wednesday at 9AM - we highly recommend doing so. Ask yourself and us these questions.
- Like us? Yay! Click here, choose your plan, and fill out the form to pay.
- On your first day as a member in the space, you will need to sign our Behavior Policy. Also, set aside about 10 minutes for an orientation tour. We'll show you where to find supplies, how to book meeting rooms, set you up to use the printer, and more.
- If you have signed up for a 24/7 Access membership, you will also need to go through our keyholding process. Click here to learn more.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO MEET MY FELLOW MEMBERS?
First, we recommend reading this article from 99U: The 5 Behaviors that Make You a Coworking Pro
- Each time you're at the space, introduce yourself to someone you've don't know yet
- Attend some of our events
- Introduce yourself on Slack (our online community). Check out the member profiles. Join or start a conversation.
- Follow your fellow members and their projects - we've collected them in this Twitter list
HOW'S THE INTERNET CONNECTION?
Access to our wifi is included in all CoWork Jax memberships. 24/7 Access members also get access to our hard drops.
Our network is managed and monitored by #coworkjaxmember SuperFi. They keep us reliably zooming away!
CAN I HAVE GUESTS STOP BY?
They can. This is your office and we don’t want you to feel like you can’t have people over.
We trust that you'll know when your guest has crossed over to coworking. If someone is using a lot of our resources, they should purchase a Day Pass or officially join our community - giving them all the sweet perks associated with doing so. Memberships are what keep CoWork Jax alive and thriving.
I am on the phone a lot. HOW DOES THAT WORK?
You are free to make and take calls in our open areas - we like a little productive background noise around here. If you need more privacy, our phone booth is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. We've noticed that "walk-and-talk"ers like to pace the hallway outside our space. You're also welcome to schedule a meeting room.
WHOSE ART IS HANGING ON YOUR WALLS?
The art in our space is by Jacksonville's own Mark George. Most pieces are for sale. You can learn more about Mark on his Facebook page.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER LOCATIONS?
We do not, but you should check out our local friends:
- The Bungalow in Jacksonville Beach
- CoLabJax MakerSpace in Downtown Jacksonville
- Kuna Coworking in Baymeadows
- Venture2Dream in Intracoastal West
And this collection of our friends throughout the state (CoWork Jax members receive 1 free day each month at all of these spaces):
And this listing of friends around the world (participating spaces typically offer 3 free days over time to members of other coworking communities):