Ignite is hosting “Taking the Ding out of Funding” here at CoWork Jax. To RVSP, click here!
“Just in time for One Spark (beonespark.com), it’s time to go after $Funding$, and we have 3 amazing people to help teach, inspire, and show you the path they followed.
Show me the money…
• Jack Twatchtman – @jackdiablo – Jack is one of our amazing local people that seems to be involved in everything. He’s the owner of the Burro Bar, an original One Sparker, and is currently running a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo.com to launch a new beer, coffee spot in 5points called Brew. The campaign has hit nearly 50% of it’s funding in 9 days: http://igg.me/at/brewfivepoints and we’re looking forward to hearing the results and learning about the process at the meetup. Good luck, Jack!!
• James Smith - @jamestsmith70 – James has a fantastic story to share about his experience of jumping through the hoops of being a non-profit, having an awesome idea, and working your tail-off to make things happen. James is the founder of the http://merosacademy.com/ and has put together a great team to try and make this initiative happen. But not everything is rainbows. James was spotlighted for his One Spark 2013 project, Kona School, and it’s worth a read/watch: http://www.beonespark.com/experience-success-story-kona-school
• Spencer Pitman – @alcesbull – Spencer was one our first speakers for this group and it’s a pleasure to have him back. Last time he spoke about his article“Starting Up the Bold City”. This time he’ll be sharing his experience working with investors across the country including the local accelerator, KYN. He is currently Director of Strategy at the PCR Agency in downtown and you can find some of his great writings on https://medium.com/@AlcesBull.
Flow for the night:
• 6:15-6:45 – Networking
• 6:45-7:05 – Jack Twatchtman
• 7:05-7:15 – QA
• 7:15-7:35 – James Smith
• 7:35-7:45 – QA
• 7:45-8:05 – Spencer Pitman
• 8:05-8:15 – QA
• 8:15 – TBD - MORE NETWORKING!!
Come out to CoworkJax, learn something, and let’s help the ones around us.
Also, if you haven’t seen it yet, the Jacksonville Startup scene made national news on CNN Money: http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/21/smallbusiness/jacksonville-startups/”