CoWork Jax Behavior Policy + Terms of Service
1. Treat others the way you want to be treated. CoWork Jax exists so that you have a really amazing place to come work. That means it should be fun and collaborative. It should also be professional. We trust that you’ll be able to figure out how to balance those two. Respect others’ personal and business privacy, confidentiality, safety, property and data. If you're not sure about something, ask them.
2. Clean up after yourself. We all need to work together to keep the space we're proud of presentable. Please leave any space you use as you found it - or better! Ask someone if you need help finding supplies or don’t know where something belongs. We reserve the right to charge a fee to cover the cost of cleaning up excessive messes. Anyone who behaves in an manner that is destructive to CoWork Jax may be asked to leave.
3. Be responsible and respectful with our shared resources. Please do not hog bandwidth, meeting room time, printer ink, drinks and snacks, etc. If you break or use an excessive amount of something, you should replace it.
4. Respect keyholder’s schedules. Non-keyholders are not allowed to be present at CoWork Jax without the presence of a hosting Keyholder.
5. The more communication we have with each other, the better for the wellbeing and growth of our community. This is especially important when it comes to your membership.
- We love helping people choose the package of memberships and Day Passes that work best for them but full use of the membership you purchase is up to you. We do not grant refunds for unused days. If your needs change, we ask that you provide us with at least 1 month's notice. If you are unable to provide 1 month's notice, we’ll gladly change your membership on the next billing cycle.
- Deposits are non-refundable and due upon signing up for a new membership or reinstating one that has been canceled. The deposit helps us provide flexible membership terms, cover onboarding costs, and keep our business sustainable. If you give us at least 1 month's notice before cancellation, we will apply your deposit towards your last month of membership. Members that upgrade are responsible for the difference between their original deposit and the deposit fee of their new membership level.
- All of our memberships automatically renew at the end of each period. Your first renewal date is included in your welcome email. You will also receive a reminder email 10 days before your each renewal.
- Payments to CoWork Jax are due on the same day as your invoice receipt. If payments owed to CoWork Jax are not received within 3 days of their due date, your membership will be canceled and your personal belongings will be cleared from any dedicated spaces. We’d hate for that to happen, so again, keep us in the loop of any changes to your information.
6. Please keep your furry and feathered friends at home. We wish we could host pets here, but we know some folks have allergies and such.
7. Break the law and you’re out. We don’t mean to sound harsh, but please refrain from using CoWork Jax or its network for any purpose that is unlawful, prohibited, or just not cool, including anything that could damage or impair the community, keep other members from using the space, or otherwise hurt CoWork Jax.
8. As CoWork Jax grows, we know that it will continue to evolve and improve. This means we might decide, usually with community input, that this Behavior Policy needs to be modified. Updates to this Behavior Policy and Terms of Service will be posted on our website. It’s your responsibility to abide by any of those changes.
9. Liability release. Everyone’s got one. Here’s ours. Your equipment and professional liability is your responsibility. As a member you agree to release, indemnify defend and hold harmless CoWork Jax its agents, owners, members, and employees from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based on or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud, breach or violation of the Behavior Policy or otherwise suffered in connection with your participation in CoWork Jax or use of CoWork Jax services.
CoWork Jax Key + Access Policy
A CoWork Jax Keyholder is deemed to be any person who takes possession of keys to CoWork Jax and the 5 W. Forsyth Street building. All Keyholders must go through this process for receiving a CoWork Jax keyfob, as developed by our community:
- Spend a weekday working in the space and getting to know your coworkers
- Participate in a CoWork Jax event (coworkjax.com/events)
- Along with agreeing to our Behavior Policy, a Key & Access Form must be signed by yourself and 2 current keyholders
Keyholders acknowledge and accept responsibility for the security of the doors and spaces there accessed. Keyholders should not compromise the building security or the security of the spaces therein and ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to safeguard CoWork Jax and the 5 W. Forsyth Street building, occupants and the occupants’ possessions. At no time should security locks be bypassed or left in an open position and external doors should never be propped open whilst unattended. The Keyholder is expected to secure CoWork Jax and its building when they are the last person on the premises or anytime on weekends.
Non-keyholders are not allowed to be present at CoWork Jax without the presence of a hosting Keyholder. Access cards, locks, and keys are not transferable and should not be lent out at any time to anyone for any reason. Lending of access cards, locks, or keys will result in termination of your Membership.
Your card, lock, or key must be turned in upon termination of keyholding privileges. If your card, lock, or key is misplaced or stolen, you must notify staff immediately and pay the replacement fee. As of April 1, 2015, the replacement fee is $50/card, lock, or key.
Updates to this Key and Access policy will be kept on our website. It is your responsibility to abide by any changes.